Thursday, January 02, 2014

Out With The Old, In With The New...Dresser!!!

This project took too long.  Either I didn't realize how much time it would actually take or I'm a perfectionist.  The answer is both.   

Since I've never done any furniture refinishing or painting, I have lots of learning to share.  But this is just the reveal.  I have to sort through a million pictures of a dresser-in-progress, first. 

If you follow me on Instagram, you'll have seen the sneak peek.

Before/After

Which looks pretty darn close to the inspiration when I started this whole thing...

Inspiration Success

Want to see more?  I thought so.

Before
After

No, the legs have not disappeared and, yes, I need to hang that picture.  Just finishing the dresser was achievement enough for me.  That and I need to swap out the picture because all three boys are sleeping in here now. 

Smallest room, most humans.  At least they're the smallest humans in the house.  So it works.  For now...

Before
After

The dark stain worked out perfectly with the floor and the rug.  And although the drawers aren't exact, they don't scream crooked. 

Before
After

The handles are my favorite.  Not just because they used to be so bad.  But because they just look. So. Good.  They were the biggest indulgence of this little makeover, but worth their weight in gold.

And here's the last little look.

November
December

Worst pictures.  (Ignore the unmade beds and crib crammed in the corner)  But best view.  I can't not look at it every time I walk by the door. 

I got this dresser done just under the New Year's wire.  The perfect ending to an amazing year in this house!

2 comments:

  1. It looks fantastic! I can't believe this is your first furniture refinishing/painting job - you should be very proud :)

    ReplyDelete