Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Free Art

This free art may not be for you.  But it's the best kind of art for me.  Partly because it's free, but mostly because it happened like this.


That is my kitchen table with my husband and my first born taping together some art.  It just happened.  I had nothing to do with it.  And I love it!

If you follow me on Instagram, you saw this picture on the weekend.  Those pieces of paper came from a website called www.blockposters.com.  You upload your picture and it creates a wall size poster using 8-1/2 x 11" paper.  I don't know anything about the website, Steve probably found it on google, I take no responsibility for it. 

What I can take responsibility for -ok, Steve can take responsibility for- is the fun in putting it together and the finished product. 

First Day of School
Up On The Wall

We love love love this shot of all 3 monkeys.  And we had an open wall in the basement that needed something.  It's where they play, so it's only fitting...

Playroom

Ok, I admit, it's not the right size.  Or perfectly trimmed.  Or taped together with 100% precision.  But it's free.  It's the kids.  And it makes us smile when we see it.  Maybe we'll brainstorm a border or tweak it or replace it with something bigger down the road. 

But for now, it's perfect. 

I am not art-y.  I don't know this website.  But I plan on visiting it again when I'm stuck for more artwork somewhere in the house.  The gallery of posters is inspiring me....!

No comments:

Post a Comment