Saturday, November 17, 2012

The Next Aaron Rodgers

So...I'm failing the blog a little this week.

I haven't done a house-related post from my mom's house (three kids at 6-1/2, 5 and almost 2 years old are keeping us away from painting or ripping up flooring), I forgot to pack my camera (only iphone pictures) and we are spending most of our time at the local fitness club because they have babysitting and a huge kid-friendly pool (but, of course, no cameras allowed).

Forgive me for another iphone kid-related post. 

But here's a peek at life in New Berlin, Wisconsin...

You know how popular that big NFL team up North is?  With a certain MVP player?

God Around Here

Well, the trip to Green Bay this summer certainly made it's mark.  Because today, we walked into the local Subway and my biggest boy, Jake, saw a life sized cut-out of Michael Phelps.  He was holding a sandwich.  Jake stopped, looked at it and said, "Hey, that guy looks a lot like Aaron Rodgers." 

Yes, there is green and gold running through his veins.

Maybe because we made him and his brother do this during summer break.

Latest Lombardi Trophy, Hall of Fame

Ok, I'm guilty.  I'm doing it to them.  But it's pretty cool.  Especially for boys!!!!

Back to the Packers.  And New Berlin, WI.

Football or Sippy Cup?

Is there nothing better than a green and gold football that says PACKERS on it?  Probably not.  Because I bought one at Target, and now I have to go back and get two more so the fighting stops. 

Mom & Dad's Backyard = Training Ground

Tonight we threw the football around until I couldn't feel my hands anymore.  How do the pros do it?  Jake swears "they just have warmer hands than we do."  Then he ran into the house to get his gloves for me.  Awwww.  That warmed my heart.  But my hands were still cold...

Signing off from New Berlin. 

Next stop, Naperville, IL.  My brother's house.  (Bears country...BOO!)

Then off to Ithaca, NY for Thanksgiving.  I'll post pictures of the amazing house we rent for the holiday on Cayuga Lake!!

No comments:

Post a Comment