Tuesday, August 28, 2012

End of Summer

Still incredibly busy. 

I can't wait until my kids are old enough so I can say something about summer being relaxing.  I love that I have active, energetic, non-stop, on-the go boys.  But I do get a bit jealous when someone tells me how they have to take the book out of their kid's hands in order to get them up off the couch. 

Never mind that my kids can't read yet.  I need that book.

So here's what's been keeping us busy lately.

#2 Along For The Ride

I needed an eye exam to order more contact lenses.  When you have three little kids, going to get an eye exam is like a mini-vacation.  Except you feel guilty the whole time.

Because I don't wish the potential chaos of my three kids during the weekend on my worst enemy, much less my husband, I always offer to take either #1 or #2 with me.  Can't take both because of the fighting.  So I pick the one I'm least frustrated with at the moment.  Today's winner was Henry. 


#1 Shoe Shopping

I wish I would have taken a picture of the boys' shoes before I threw them out.  Both Geox.  Both shredded.  Anyone who saw Henry's right shoe could have called Children's Protective Services on me for neglect.  But they loved those shoes.  I had to sneak them into the trash.

Back to school means new shoes for the boys.  One pair for outdoors, one pair for indoors during winter.  Jake is the most particular when it comes to choosing something -anything- so I took him shoe shopping for both boys.  That and he was the least frustrating at the time.

It took him over 35 minutes to choose these two pairs of shoes.  I can't write the story about that 35 minutes because he just looks so happy in this picture.  Why ruin it?


Post Drills

One of the best memories my kids will have from growing up will be the weekend mornings when daddy took them to the local public school and they did drills.  Push ups, burpees, sprints, long jumps, monkey bars, balance beam, "how long can you hang," "climb this," and my recent favorite - "scale the fence."

I'm not going to tell you about my most recent trip to the park when the ball went over the enormous chain link fence and suddenly Henry was on the other side of it.  Instead I'll tell you how amazed people are when they see Jake run and how impressed Henry's gymnastics camp counselors were this summer.


AGO With Friends

We are also saying goodbye to an amazing family we met in the Spring.  A new boy joined Jake's kindergarten class in May.  I met his mother in the hallway the next day after drop off.  We've been friends ever since. 

But they live in Spain and were only here temporarily through the U of T.  Her three children and my three boys have enjoyed spending so much time together this summer.  They leave on Saturday, so we are trying to make every last minute count.  We will miss them terribly.


Stripped

Speaking of terrible, that's what I think of my kitchen faucet.  We got a box in the mail from Toronto Hydro.  It had a low-flow shower head, bathroom faucet aerators and a low-flow kitchen faucet head. 

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I forgot all about that. 

I stripped the kitchen faucet when I tried to put the new aerator on it.  So now when you turn it on, sprays of water come out sideways.  With an impending kitchen renovation, I'm trying to suck it up.  But if I see a pull-down kitchen faucet go on sale soon, you know what my next post will be.


So, here's to the start of school and slowing....down........maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment