Friday, May 25, 2012

Doin' the Deck

Our deck was in bad shape when we moved in.  8 1/2 years ago.

So this summer is our last investment in it.  We're hoping a little paint job from College Pro will take us through at least 2 more summers. 

Of course, my before pics didn't capture the one angle that's obviously the most improved after 5 minutes of work.  So here's an old before:

Old Shot from the Outside
Yes, that's Jake and yes, he's 6 now. 

Here's the new view. 

New Shot from the Outside
Yes, that's George, looking like Jake Part 2. 

But the most improved view is this:

Bright Primer White

I was going to paint the shed "Grimmy's Grey" like the kitchen cabinets, since this door leads out of the kitchen, but the white looks much cleaner and brighter and bigger.  With our deck being so narrow, I need all the help I can get.

Of course, I changed my mind after Mr. College Pro bought the grey paint.  So if I end up hating it -or it gets dirty & dingy too fast- the grey will be in the batter's box and I'll negotiate a kid-free Saturday morning to paint it myself. 

The whole job should be complete in 2-3 days, weather permitting.  So with any luck, I'll have a whole gallery of before and after pictures next week.

Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment