Monday, April 30, 2012

Weekend Entrepreneurs

Walking home from swimming, we passed a lemonade stand.  Jake insisted he wanted one too. 

It sounded like a good way to kill a few hours on a Sunday...

Served by Kids with Mohawks

We undercut the other kid by half, but upsold on something extra.  Cookies.

Menu

If you asked Jake for legal advice, his response (via daddy) was "When in doubt, sue."  I'm wondering if the neighbors think differently of us now.

By the end of the day, the boys raked in $18.45.  Jake & Henry knew they had cookie and lemonade costs to repay, but the overtired tears came streaming down when it was time to settle up.  Instead, I made them strike a deal to use this sale's profits to invest in any future stands...and accepted the penny they couldn't split evenly.

I guess that makes me a venture capitalist.  Or a sucker.

The mohawks made me do it.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the lemonade stand idea - and the boys did very well. They must have had a high-traffic location. Did you know that Jake found a large lemonade stand sign in our basement the week after Easter? He really really wanted to set up a stand right away, but I put him off with a promise to do it when you all come this summer. I hope we can do half as well on our quiet street. We'll have to try free legal advice again - maybe it will lure the neighbors in.

    ReplyDelete